The San Terenzio Cathedral of Pesaro
The San Terenzio Cathedral of Pesaro, of ancient origins, is located in the heart of the city, in Via Rossini and rises up in an area occupied by two Paleochristian basilicas. Evidence of this can be seen in the two mosaic floors, one laid over the other. The most recent of these is visible through several crystal panels opened in the floor. The facade of the cathedral still preserves the typical outline of the Roman basilica.
The Church of St Augustine
The Church of St Augustine is located in Corso XI Settembre and dates back to the middle of the 13th century.Over the centuries it has been modified and transformed on several occasions: originally built in Romanesque style, it was transformed into Gothic style and later completely renovated in neoclassical style. The carved choir is notable, a masterpiece and a superior work of art.
The Church of the Name of God
The Church of the Name of God is located in Via Petrucci, 21, a stone’s throw away from the Church of St Augustine. It is a small artistic jewel and the perfect synthesis between architecture and scenic design. Commissioned in 1577 by the “Confraternite del Nome di Dio", a group of laypersons from Pesaro, for the funerals of the poor and the executed, it still stands today, almost intact, over four centuries later.
Read more: www.pesarocultura.it/index.php?id=10500&L=0