Here silence and art blend together and become one. A holiday for the heart and for the soul.
Santa Maria Assunta Cathedral, Pesaro
In the centre of the city on Via Rossini, the main street running east-west, is the Cathedral of Pesaro. The current building has very ancient origins and the presence of two floors decorated with mosaics, superimposed on each other, attests to the existence of two early Christian churches. The first church dates back to the 4th century, the second to the second half of the 6th century.
The interior, with a Latin cross plan with three naves divided by pillars, is in the neoclassical style. In the right nave you can admire the chapel of San Terenzio, where the relics of the saint and other patron saints of the city are kept as well as a 14th century fresco of the Madonna del Popolo. In the left nave there is the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament with remains of the marble from the ancient baptistery.
Church of Sant’Agostino
The Church of Sant’Agostino is located on Corso XI Settembre and it dates back to the mid-13th century. Over time, the building has undergone modifications and transformations. It was originally built in the Romanesque style, then transformed into the Gothic style and then completely renovated in the neoclassical style. The breath-taking inlaid wooden choir deserves special attention as it is a masterpiece of incredible value.
Nome di Dio Church
The Nome di Dio Church is located at Via Petrucci, 21, not far from the Church of Sant’Agostino. It is a small artistic treasure and the perfect combination of architecture and scenography. Built in 1577 by the “Confraternity of the Name of God”, a group of lay people from Pesaro, it was first used to perform funerals for the poor or those who were executed and after more than four centuries it is still preserved almost completely intact today.